Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Table Turned Cake Stand No Tools Required

As you all know, I had a huge birthday bash for my little one, Sophie on Halloween. I was in a pinch for a cake stand to hold 24 cupcakes as well as my saltwater taffy centerpiece. Here is what I came up with...
I thought I would use this little 2 tier end table that I had purchased at a vintage show in Coeur d'Alene this summer.

The problem: is it 3 feet tall. Way too tall for a kids party with a super tall centerpiece. Dare I cut off the legs?

Baby Owl cupcakes that I made fit perfectly here on the bottom level of the table. 

Sophie and I had a ball making this taffy centerpiece. I found tutorials for both the owl cupcakes and taffy centerpiece over at Tipjunkie.com

It turned out to be just the perfect size without the legs. I didn't cut them off though...

 I just unscrewed them. {Joe's brilliant idea.}


How does that old saying go: Necessity is the mother of invention.... ?





Linking Up With:
My Romantic Home Show & Tell Friday
Miss Mustard Seed Furniture Friday

YourSiteTitle

5 comments:

  1. Awwwwww....nice idea. Served it's purpose well for cupcakes :)

    Thanks for sharing, cuz I found you at The Romantic Home's linky party tonight,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes men have the best ideas. really a cute idea to use it as a cake stand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I loved that candy centerpiece!

    Blessings
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. My daughter wants one of those wire cupcake stands...and I won't pay for that...now I have a new idea. Thanks Danylle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! And it's dual purpose too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle