Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Peppermint Playdough Recipe & Printable Tag

Peppermint Candy Cane Playdough Recipe



I have 10 little kids coming to my house for a Christmas party. I figure they will need something to do. So today, I had my daughters help me make playdough party favors.

We scented it with peppermint extract and tried to make it red and white with a few drops of food coloring, probably could have used more red coloring but the girls were happy with it. It smells fantastic and the salt will preserve it and keep the kiddos from eating it.

Here's the recipe:

Peppermint Candy Cane Playdough
2 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Salt
1 1/2 cups boiling Water
3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
2 to 10 drops Peppermint Extract (depending on desired scent)
Red Food Coloring

Directions: Mix dry ingredients {only 2 1/2 cup flour, reserve 1 1/2 for kneading dough}. Add water and oil. Stir and let it cool, uncovered. Mix or knead with hands. Knead in remaining flour as needed to make dough desired consistency and less sticky. Store in plastic bag or container with lid. Lasts for several months.

I made these labels using some digital scrapbooking elements that I love. Feel free to use them; just click on the image below to enlarge and print on card stock.


Happy Holidays!

 {Reposted from last season because I had to make a dozen more of these for my daughter's Christmas party at school. Thought I'd re-share.}

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to attempt to make this with the kiddos, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides peppermint, which other flavors go along with this recipe? Please tell as my family does not enjoy peppermint much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would try vanilla extract, it smells wonderful but tastes terrible so kids would not eat the play dough. Good luck!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle