Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Yellow Cottage Painted Bed

I know you have been wondering where I've been lately and I have to tell you, I've found my dream job. I am not a 9 to 5 girl, haven't been for years but this job I just couldn't pass up. I am managing this amazing property with 4 vacation homes all built around a central courtyard in the most stunning garden. It's called Emerson Courtyard. I had the pleasure of building their website and setting up their Facebook and Twitter accounts, now I get to manage it.  I have to tell you, I am in heaven!

Come take a tour of one of the vacation homes with me...

Vera's Yellow Cottage



The Yellow Cottage (or Vera's Cottage) is located in the courtyard. It is a studio with queen bed, sofa, arm chair, private courtyard with 2 person hot tub. Kind of a nondescript explanation for this adorable little private get-away cottage.



I'm seriously in love with this painted 4 poster queen size bed. It's a lovely pale yellow. 


The "breakfast-in-bed table" rolls away on the cutest little baby buggy wheels. It is all custom made and hand painted.


The bed posts, finial and scalloped headboard are painted and distressed in just the right places.



It's just dreamy, isn't it?


Here's the rest of the room. Sofa, arm chair, hand painted book shelf. It's just charming.


This room has beautiful hardwood floors, adorable coffee and side tables that look like little picket fences. The sofa is the type that you sink in to and want to curl up with a good book next to the adorable gas "wood" stove.


It lights up with the flick of a switch.  


Dried lavender from the gardens: 1 1/2 acres of manicured, formal English gardens located right here in Kellogg, Idaho.


The view outside the cottage door to the courtyard.  I am smitten with this place. I could move in to this cottage and write that novel I stared writing all those years ago. After all, it has a hot tub, refrigerator, microwave, coffee, wifi and that bed. What else would a girl need?

Would you do me a huge favor? Follow Emerson Courtyard on Twitter and Like on Facebook, it's me doing all that jazz...




2 comments:

  1. Super cute little cottage! I tried to follow on facebook but the link did not work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me know about the Facebook link. I fixed it (I think). :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle