Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful Banner & Nature Inspired Decor

{This is my fall mantel. I am showing this post at SNS today, to show my pinecone, Christmas light bucket that I used then and am using as part of my Christmas decor.}

My mantel for Thanksgiving is pretty simple. I kept a few of my Sweater Pumpkins from Halloween, my blue mason jars with sunflowers, picnic basket and wreath from my Fall Mantel and added a few things.

I made the "Thankful" banner in MS Word and printed it on card stock. I printed the Keep Calm and Cranberry On artwork that I found at Tip Junkie's Thanksgiving website. HERE. I printed it 5x7 centered on white card stock to give the illusion that it is matted.

In what is suppose to be the fireplace, I added this old rusty bucket that I found while thrifting for $2. I added some Cinnamon scented pine cones that I purchased at Michael's and a strand of white Christmas lights.  It creates a lovely glow and when the lights warm up the Cinnamon smells even stronger. These scented cones have my entire house smelling festive. They are so strong in fact that for the first week I had this little arrangement on my porch. It looked lovely and was a great welcoming scent.

A word of caution, this may well be a fire hazard. Do not leave the lights on unattended or for long periods of time. I suggest only a few hours at a time.

In my Holiday Corner, I added 2 more framed Thanksgiving prints that I found on blogs. Last year, I had printed these full size but I really like printing them 5 x7 and centering them on the card stock to make them appear to be matted. One of my chalkboard signs hangs above them and reminds my children and myself to "Be Grateful".

I am grateful for you, my readers. Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I hope you have a safe and happy holdiay season!



3 comments:

  1. That's such a cute idea - pine cones, lights, and a rusty bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lights sprinkled into the pine cones looks fab...and that bucket for only $2 is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and I Love the Rustic Simplicity of it! And who doesn't want their Home smelling deliciously fragrant for the Holidays!!!

    Christmas Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle