Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Old Door and My Own Form of Graffiti



Joe and I went for a drive a few weeks ago to shoot some photos. It is one of our hobbies. We stumbled upon this old shack in the middle of a farmers field. It is covered with graffiti and crumbling.


 It's door is what caught my attention. The door intrigues me. The patina of the wood, the rusty hinges and clasp. I like the fact that it is propped open and seems to invite you in. {Here I added Sepia tones using Picasa.} While playing around with these photos in Picasa, I decided to do a little graffiti of my own.


This is one of my favorite quotes. I think it was just makes this photo.



Here's a second one, I kind of like the quote above the door better probably because of the sepia tones. Which one would use?


{PS: Feel free to print these pics and use them for personal use. If you click on the photo, it will enlarge to a high quality size that you can right click on, save as and print. I used the second one on my wall and put it in a frame made of barn wood. I LOVE it! Hope you enjoy them too! If you use it on your blog please give photo credit, thanks!!!}

8 comments:

  1. Hi Danylle! The second one looks like one of those inspirational posters you buy. Awesome job! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh love the 2nd! In fact, I want that door! Maybe I'll have to make it. :)

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. What a charming little building. I love your own little bit of graffiti that you added -- so true!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like THAT door too! It would go well at Mel's Cabin blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Def the second one! It's inspired! :D LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it (both)! What a fun idea! Thanks so much for sharing in the DIY Project Parade, Danylle. It's nice to "meet" you! :)

    Have a wonderful week! I look forward to seeing more! ;)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle