Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lunchbox as a purse?


I found this Thermos brand lunchbox at an antique shop the other day. I love how it's missing the original handle and someone wired this wooden piece to it. It reminds me of the one my Dad use to carry to work when I was a kid. It also made me think of the movie Hope Floats.


This is one of my favorite films. In it Sandra Bullock carries an old silver lunchbox as her purse. It was her father's so she had sentimental ties to it.


I wonder if I could pull it off? Actually carry this instead of a purse?


Hmmm....
My wallet, cell phone, check book and favorite lotion fit pretty good. I could probably cram a ton more junk in there too.... it weighs less than my current purse, that's for sure.

What do you think? Would you? I think I'm going to give it a try.



Linky Parties I am joining this week:
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


4 comments:

  1. You really found a vintage treasure in that lunch box. It is definitely an oldie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great lunch box. And I DID see someone carrying one as a purse not too long ago. I hardly ever see these like yours! love it. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what I will be looking for next time I go thriftin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Bute! I can think of so many things to do with that piece, but purse never would have entered my mind! What a great idea! such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle