Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Friday, March 4, 2011

Bench Love

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors is having a "Benches Saturday Night Special". In honor of that, I have compiled a collection of photos of benches I own and LOVE.

 
My husband Joe just made me this bench. I love it because it has no brace on the bottom and my big storage boxes fit perfectly. It really is nice having a wood worker for a husband. I am so blessed!  I will be doing a post about my funky revamped 70s mirror soon!

 
 I got this little old bench at an estate sale. It lives on my front porch and is often the center piece of my holiday decor. Like this fall when...

 
it supported the Scarecrow that Sophie and I made. And this winter when...

 
 it supported my holiday sled and pot full of holly.
It still looks like this actually {only I removed the wreath} here in North Idaho, it's still winter.



This is our next bench project. I got this head and foot board for $5 at barn sale and Joe is making it into a bench. I can't wait for it to be ready to paint and accessorize with pillows!
 
UPDATE:
 
Here is how it turned out:
 
 
Read more about this bench  HERE.
 
 


Hop on over to check out more benches:




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Post of the week:
Casual Blogger Community



2 comments:

  1. Love them!
    Joe is quite handy!!
    Have a great weekend,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saaaa weeet! Your hubby made the style I'm after! And that vintage white one is to die for... love your benches and your amazing vignettes... swoon...

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle