Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Monday, April 18, 2011

Simple Spring Cookies on a Stick

  For the Christmas play a my daughter's preschool I made these snowman cookies. When it came time for the spring bake sale, I knew just what to make.


Cause these little snowmen on a stick went over big with the kids, so I figured I'd have to make something on a stick again.


The theme was Spring.


 So I gathered up my 3 favorite ingredients, vanilla Oreo cookies, Almond Bark and sprinkles. {Yep, that's how I bake cookies!} I broke half a package of Almond Bark into squares and placed in a microwavable bowl, then put it in the microwave for 1 minute and then stirred, 1 more minute and stirred, it's usually melted by 2 minutes. I then dipped the end of a sucker stick into the Almond Bark and slid it gently between the cookie sandwich. 

It's all right if the cookie breaks or cracks cause soon it will be covered with chocolate and no one will see it. I waited a less that a minute, dipped the both sides of the cookie on a stick into the Almond Bark and placed it on wax paper. Sophie and Joe added the sprinkles before the chocolate hardened.

I got 2 of these "lasagna" aluminum pans for $1 at Walmart. I like them because they have a tall lid so the cookies can stand up in the pan. I cut a piece of packing styrofoam that I got when I ordered my new desk chair to fit the pan. I wrapped it in aluminum foil. {If I had more time, I would have covered it with green wrapping paper too.} I just poked the sucker sticks into the styrofoam in little rows.

30 cookies fit tightly into my not-so neat rows. The kids and parents at the bake sale loved them and they sold out before any of the other cookies, so I think they were a hit.

This entire batch of cookies took about 20 minutes. Quick, fun and cute {oh, and super cheap too}.





Linking with:

Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

  1. How very cute! I can see why they sold out so quickly. If I saw anyone with one I would want to know where to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea!!!
    Come and link up your idea tomorrow at our What I Made Wednesday Linky Party!!!

    Alisa
    Sweet Peas and Bumblebees
    sweetpeasandbb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle