Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Friday, April 22, 2011

Hobnail Milk Glass & A Little Easter Illusion

Today I found out  that Donna at Funky Junk Interiors was hosting an All About Easter Saturday Night Special. Since I had done little to no decorating, I decided to put together a few Easter vignettes. The table above is in my living room, it's actually an old 3 drawer dresser. I had this old gold leaf frame just hanging on the wall. It looked naked, I hung my metal flower sculpture in it and am just loving it!



This little milk glass dish has a glass frog that sits inside of it and usually holds pansies by now, but the weather and all... so I replaced it with some of my kids lovely Easter eggs.

Here's Little Soph sneaking into the photo, she wanted one of those carrots. Since there are no spring flowers in sight this year, I thought a lovely vase full of carrots would make the Easter Bunny quite happy.
This by the way, is an illusion.

My carrots do not have tops on them. They were from a bulk produce bag. I thought they were so bland with their brown cut-off tops, so I wedged a pot of lavender into the middle of the carrots. Smells good too! Sneaky, huh?

I recently purchased this hobnail lamp at a thrift shop (it was an awful shade of brown when I got it.... YUCK!) The lamp came with the ugliest lamp shade known-to-woman, so I promptly ripped it off and started to make my own wire one. It's my naked lamp shade for now. I am not satisfied with it yet. I will let you know what it turns in to soon.

The book case in my office also got a few Easter touches. More hobnail. I LOVE hobnail! Oh, and this McCoy planter on the bottom shelf and books... way toooo many books.

My coffee filter roses go well with my hobnail vase, a decoration left over from my wedding. This little bunny and unicorn figurine has been with me since high school. I bought it at a yard sale way back then.

Borrowed my husband's basil plant to add some life to this hobnail dish. Those are all his books anyway. Mine are on the shelf above. Added more of my kiddos eggs and a few little birds figurines. Little touches of Easter here and there is all I have had time for. It has been a little stressful around our house this week.

You see, my husband works at the Lucky Friday Mine in Idaho, where there has been a man trapped since April 15 due to a cave-in. {To read more about this click HERE.} I am hoping that you will say a little prayer for Larry Marek and his family, that he is found and safe. There is no light, food or water were he is. Also if you could pray for the Miners and the safety crew who are attempting to get to him safely and swiftly. It is such a dangerous job. I worry every time Joe heads out the door to work. The sacrifices he makes for us are unmeasurable. We could use an Easter miracle right now. Thank you!

Hope you have a wonderful Easter, my friends.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love your sweet Easter touches! Easter blessings to you and your family. And prayers for the miners too, especially Larry Marek and his family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle