Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Garden Patio "Candlelier" Tutorial



Today I made this candlelier out of 4 baby food jars, wire, chain, old wire garden fencing and some hose clamps.


I wired the garden fencing to itself, forming a circle. Then took some needle nose pliers and bent the prongs of the garden fencing into little swirls. {These prongs are meant to be poked into the dirt, I have my garden fencing upside down.}


I used old hose clamps to hold the baby food jars in place.  Then I added wire across the top of the fencing to form a cross to which my chain hangs. Added a little sand and some candles to the jars and....



Ta Da... A Candlier is born...

This one is extra special to me because I got the garden fencing and hose clamps from my Grandparents house, that we sold last week. Every time I look at it now, I will think of them.
Grandma Clara and Grandpa Dugan


~Danylle




Posted by Picasa


Linking up with:
The Girl Creative

Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle