Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Little Blue Chair {Paint Series 3}

Welcome Back To Day 2 of:


Personal Note: Today I sent my daughter off to college, well, actually Beauty School. She is going to live an hour away from me. My heart is so heavy. She cried and said that she is scared to be so far away from me. I think it was one of my proudest and saddest moments. Is it possible to be both at once? I am. Ok, pulling myself back together.... on with the challenge:

I found this little chair at an Estate Sale. It was painted white with a gold finish.
 It had a burnt orange seat and under that was a bright green vinyl. It is solid oak and cost only $5.

 
After I glued and clamped where it had spread a little. I sanded it.

I spray painted it with my favorite shade of Krylon Bahama Sea Satin Finish.

I recovered the seat with my favorite checked upholstery fabric which I think matches the paint pretty well.


I have just the perfect spot for it at my sewing table that {surprise, surprise} I just finished painting. So for a total of $12 {$5 chair, $4 paint and $3 fabric} I got a pretty cute little one-of-a-kind chair.  

Tomorrows Post: Red Night Stand

 Hope you'll join me!

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!! You did a great job! ... btw, praying for you today. I was touched by your note about your daughter.

    I blog at 'Only A Breath', and I'd love for you to stop by when you have time. I'm writing about "31 Days to Love Your Neighbor". :)
    Have a great day!
    Melanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your daughter moving away...maybe you should paint her room ;-) The chair looks great, see you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle