Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Friday, February 11, 2011

Revamp That Chandelier!


I have a thing for lighting: specifically chandeliers. I currently have 2 working ones and 4 "project" chandeliers. My favorite place to buy them is the Habitat For Humanity Restore {Find one in your area HERE}. People who are remodeling their homes donate all sorts of used goods. They have cabinets, cabinet doors, mismatched tiles galore, misc furniture, everything right down to kitchen sinks. Chandeliers like mine sell for $10 to $15, can't beat that, right?

Wait..... There is a catch... 


This is how she looked when I bought her. First, let me say that Krylon spray paint covers EVERYTHING!



Since her wires were cut, Joe and I rewired her with a simple lamp rewiring kit; they are about $10 at Home Depot and come with everything you need. We rewire it with a kit that plugs in to the wall instead of one that actually wires to the wiring. That way I can move it around whenever I get a wild hair {often}. Also, let me point out the sprayer handle on that Krylon bottle {Joe is also my hand model}. If you spray paint and do not have one of these, you don't know what you are missing. They are fabulous and save your fingers so much pain. It is reusable and attaches to any spray can and costs around $3.


Can you guess where I hung her? My little blogging office needed a pop of color and light.This definitely did the trick.



This is my next project. {Notice the cut wires and lack of hanging hardware $10!} This one is easy, the main body is made of wood, painted that 1990s Country Blue. I am just going to hit it with some flat black craft paint and leave the rod iron arms to their rusty glory. 


Notice the wax running on the socket covers? These babies are $1.90 a package and add just the right touch, don't you think?


Happy Valentine's Day Weekend, my friends!




Linking up with the following fantastic blogs:



Funky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialTransformation Thursday
Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays
Furniture Feature Fridays

9 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun color! I love re-doing light fixtures and have been meaning to try that attachment dealie. Thank you for reminding me!

    Happy Valentines' Weekend!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ps I love Krylon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to repaint a chandelier I found in my grandma's attic... So thanks for the tips. Yours look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your chandelier!

    I have a few you might like to see; stop by the Beach Bungalow for a peak sometime!

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, I want a chandelier sooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a great deal and I love the yellow! So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some FAB finds!!! I love me some chandeliers too! mmmm! Both those are amazing!!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo... what a fun color on that chandy!!! That would go perfect in my sewing room (if I ever were to get around to decorating it). Ha!

    Found you on The Girl Creative Blog Hop!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle