Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentines Day Decor + Printable

I am not a huge decorator for Valentine's Day. Usually having my 5 year old put heart shaped window clings on the window {at a 5 year old eye level} is the extent of my Valentine's decorating. But since Halloween, I have designated this little spot in my entry way as my "Holiday Corner" and have had a great time filling it with various Holiday related decor. {See Halloween and Thanksgiving posts}



I got this wreath form at Michaels and covered it with red fleece fabric that I cut into strips and hot glued into place. Then I hot glued 3 of my canvas flowers {tutorial coming soon}.


I made this little Valentine inspired print, I distress inked and then scanned a shipping tag, added the text and clip art "LOVE". I have attached a copy of this print for you at the bottom of this post. Hot glued more canvas flowers to an inexpensive Walmart frame.


I bought 6 of these paper cones at JoAnn Fabric at Christmas time.{.99 cents each, couldn't resist} I painted this one Ivory and hot glued some vintage ruffle lace to the top, upside down so it stands up instead of facing down, just for fun! I added a ribbon and plopped a silk flower inside.

I think it turned out pretty sweet and the best part is, my Hubs says it's a huge reminder for him to go shopping... LOL!

Here's a copy of my Valentine's Day print. Just click on image to enlarge and print. {I printed mine on 8 1/2 x 11 buff card stock.}
Happy Valentine's Day, my friends!

~Danylle

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the valentine printable. I love it! Your whole holiday corner is great. The wreath is so cool with the flowers.

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle