Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Friday, February 18, 2011

Typewriter Love

February is Typewriter Appreciation Month

I appreciate typewriters. Don't you? This is my little "laptop" Corona. Read about her HERE.

This is the one that got away. Last October, at the Junk Salvation Show in Puyallup, WA, I still regret not purchasing her.

My gray Royal sits in my office on top of the ugly file cabinet I found in an alley with a FREE sign.
{Another moment in time where my husband thought I had lost my mind. :) }


When I was in my 20s I worked at a place called Interstate Typewriter. They sold mostly office supplies by then (Early 90s) but they had a typewriter repair man who had the most awesome collection of old typewriters. People would just drop them off for him, because they knew of his collection and no longer had a use for them. I wish I had taken photos then.

This typewriter is located inside of the Shoshone County Court House in Wallace. It was designed to type on paper that is 11 x 17 and used for keeping records of property tiles. The typewriter slides from side to side on those guides. It is very unique. These photos were taken with my phone but I plan on going back up and playing with it (I know some of the girls who work there) and taking lots of photos. 

Don't you just love typewriters?



2 comments:

  1. Yes, I love typewriters too! We even incorporated a vintage typewriter from my husband's office into the decor at my daughter's weddimg. It was very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love them, and just recently bought my first. I also wanted to use one at my daughter's wedding in April on the guest book table.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle