Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Sunday, March 6, 2011

70s Mirror Gets Revamped


I firmly believe that just about ANYTHING can look better with a coat of paint.


I found this 70's (possibly 80's) mirror at a local thrift store, that I frequent {serious understatement}. It is plastic made-to-look like wood and very heavy. The parts on the back lead me to think it belonged on top of a dresser.


It looks even better here with 1 coat of primer.


Here it is after I spray painted it with a coat of Krylon "Blue Ocean Breeze" paint. The plastic specific kind is amazing!  It works great in my foyer, don't you think?
{Read about that bench HERE.}


This is how I used it at Christmas. I loved this vignette so much, that I left it up well past the holidays.
{How to make those coffee filter flowers in the tree click HERE.}


My sister, Heather, bought this one at Farm Chicks last summer and paid four times as much. It was my inspiration. I was not brave enough to distress mine, but am planning to on my next one. {Yep, there's always a next one, when you love how well something worked, you've just gotta make a next one, am I right?}


Linking Up With:
BecolorfulThe DIY Show Off
Today's Creative BlogDomestically Speaking

4 comments:

  1. love it both in the primer color and the turquoise. Amazing how it hardly looks like the same mirror. Such different vibes.
    Would be flattered if you also want to share this on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved how your project turned out! Very cool Blue!

    XO
    Glad & Celia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I found your blog at the DIY Showoff. You have such great ideas and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back: http://stillwaterstory.blogspot.com/
    Again, you did a fantastic job with this!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love this. Thank you for sharing it on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle