Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mod and Vintage St. Patrick's Day Decor + Printable

My "Holdiay Corner" needed some St. Patrick's Day Decor so I got out the usual supplies, glue gun, hot glue gun helpers, twine, fabric, vintage picture frames and embroidery hoops... I had a mod shamrock in mind.



I cut fabric circles and placed them inside the embroidery hoops, hot glued them together and added a vintage metric ruler {cause it had green typography on it},
to make my HUGE Mod Shamrock.



Below it I added my "Lucky" sign that I made from a tutorial at Inspiring Creations. See how to make your own "Lucky" Sign HERE.



This is how I added a string "hanger" to the back of my sign. Staples with green twine tied to them.
{Hey, it works and it was all I had at the time.}


I created these little St. Patrick's Day prints and put them in my vintage frames. I think all St. Patrick's Day Decor should include a little gold. If you would like to use these printables, just click on the images below to enlarge, then "save as" and print. I made them 4 x 6 prints to fit in my little frames. 



Happy St. Patrick's Day, My Friends!


Weekend Bloggy Reading

6 comments:

  1. Very clever - I do love the little gold, vintage frames! Happy Thursday - Happy upcoming St. Patrick's Day! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. You certainly did a very nice job on these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danylle, what a cute idea! I love what you did with the hoops, very cute. Happy vTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so creative, Danylle. I never would have thought of using hoops to make a cute shamrock. Thanks for the inspiration...those hoops could be used in so many ways. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy http://allthumbscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the printables-so cute! what a great idea for the hoops-perfect shamrock!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique idea! I have several empty embroidery hoops, but it never occurred to me to make a shamrock with them!! :) Very cute.

    Thanks so much for linking up to my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle