Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Galvanized Tub Toy Storage

My five year old, Sophie has toys EVERYWHERE!


I can clean one room and turn around and the next one is showered in toys. Sophie is my little "Tom Boy" cars, baseballs and army guys are her favorite toys. This scooter is her best friend. It has been a long winter and thanks to our hardwood floors and circular house layout she can fly around from kitchen to foyer to living room and around again, faster than you can imagine on this little 3 wheeled scooter. Tom Boy or not she has a weakness for stuffed animals (don't we all?). This galvanized wash tub has been a blessing when it comes to quick clean up.

We play a tossing game and toss all these soft toys into the bucket. It's fast and fun.


If you are considering this as a toy box option, I recommend purchasing a new one. You never know what the old ones were used for and rust isn't the safest thing for little ones. As with all of my suggestions here on my blog, I recommend that you exercise caution and follow recommended safety guidelines. Since Sophie is 5, I don't worry about her knocking this over on herself or falling in but I can see smaller children doing just that.

With that said, you can purchase new ones in various sizes and shapes at The Bucket Outlet for anywhere from $16.00 to $100.00 depending on size, shape and type. I love the copper plated tubs! I think I am going to purchase a few of these. I can see it used for outdoor parties as a beverage tub.



Linking To:

6 comments:

  1. Great idea. I have a very old tub with a rusted out bottom, which is fine, because I grow lettuce in it. The rabbits can't reach that high! I found you through Vintage Thingie Thursdays. Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little tom boy girl is so cute. I would just keep the tub you are using. At least, it will last a long time. That is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've got a tub like yours too..aren't they GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than a galvanized pot for ANYTHING. You can really get a lot in one of those, my favorite use is for a planter!! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea and it sounds like fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is such a cutie and I loved that hat and expression.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle