Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Monday, August 15, 2011

Chair Obsession in the garden

I have a thing for chairs. I admit it. It is more of an obsession. I have an unbelievable chair collection.
More chairs than I know what to do with. These are just a few that I have in the garden.

 I couldn't resist this old worn out chair. I added the few boards for the seat and some metal hardware cloth for the back. It holds a pot full of Lemon Thyme and a solar light. It's a wonderful addition to my container garden.

{Notice the blue sink? Oh, I have plans for that baby and an old dresser.}

These blue chairs sit on my patio next to my front porch. They match my old milk can perfectly. My Mom painted that milk can 20 plus years ago. The paint has aged to perfection now, I think.

This is one of my favorite places to hang out in summer.

 These old metal chairs are my current project. I am working on cushions for them and they all need a good sanding and a coat of paint...
especially this one. I love RUST but this is a bit much for me.

 If I have a good book or magazine to read, this is where you will find me.

This vintage aluminum lounge chair got a new cushion from one of those $19 Fred Meyer "camping" foam pads and a drop cloth. Add a cozy pillow and a drink holder and I am content for hours.

I hope you enjoyed a walk through my garden. Thank you for letting me share a tiny fraction of my chair obsession with you. More to come...




1 comment:

  1. I used to have steel braid chairs in my garden that I painted green to fit the theme. Now I have those wooden craft chairs that I find very organic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle