Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Spooky Printables & Cheap Frames

I am reposting some of my Halloween decor from the last few years. I am still in the process of decorating for fall.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Halloween is a favorite at our house. Our youngest was born on Halloween, so for the past 4 years we have had a birthday party and trick or treated the neighborhood with a huge crew of family and friends. Decorating the house is always such a pleasure, we don't get too spooky or creepy, mainly just pumpkins, scarecrows, black cats, witches... the usual stuff.


This year I found some fantastic printables on my favorite blog http://www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ she offers tons of vintage printables.... all free! Just search her site for Halloween or bats or pumpkins, etc. I bought these black 5 x 7 picture frames at Walmart for $2.50 each. Printed these 4 images in "Antique" or sepia on my photo editor, then I took a orange colored pencil and filled in the pumpkin, some orange eyes, claws and leaves.

I had my husband hang them in our foyer so you see them as you walk in the door. And all the Trick or Treaters who come knocking on Halloween will see them too.

We are working on a scarecrow, using an old flannel shirt, jeans a bit of muslin and plastic grocery bags as stuffing. Stay tuned!

~Danylle

Linking Up With:

http://www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. These images look absolutely great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Petra! It was fun to pick them out and color :)
    ~Danylle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your pictures turned out! and coloring them is a great idea! Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great!!! I love that you colored the eyes orange, so cool! Thanks so much for linking this one up to Brag Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures. They look great on the wall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle