Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Monday, October 10, 2011

For the love of Chalk Board Paint

Welcome Back to Day 10 of my 31 Days of Paint series. See the entire series HERE.


 For the Love of Chalk Board Paint
We love Chalk Board Paint! We painted Chalk Board Paint on the back of all of my kids bedroom doors. This is in my middle daughter Sabrina's room. Her friends usually autograph it when they come over.

This is the wall in our hallway upstairs in the "kid zone". Sophie and her cousin Hannah have spent hours playing here on this chalk board painted below the chair rail. My teens can some times be found with their friends adding graffiti to it too.


This little rolling pin chalk board is one of my favorites and hangs on my kitchen wall with several vintage kitchen utensils. I borrowed the quote from The Farm Chick's Cookbook.


This bottle of Anita's Chalk Board Paint is about 12 years old. It is hard to find anymore. I did a google search for it and found that Hobby Lobby carries it. It works great and comes in a quite a few colors. Beats the ordinary black paint that we are seeing all over the blog-o-sphere lately. I used it to make the following chalk board. The bottle is still half full and in good shape. This stuff lasts forever and does not have a strong odor like most chalk board paint.

The metal man with the sun is a scrapbook embellishment that I found at a "dime store". I used the chalk board paint to paint the frame, that I had previously painted a shade of green. I thinned the red paint with water so it let the green show through. I also did a little distressing to it.


This was the first chalk board I ever made (yes, 12 years ago). We have used it to count down the days until birthdays and Christmas. Every December it reads: "Star Light, Star Bright 25 Days Til Santa's Night." And we count down the days accordingly. Something my oldest daughter, now 18, came up with when she was 6.  A chalk board tradition, if you will.



I am making several of these chalk boards (above) for my shop and for Christmas gifts for my friends. Chalk boards are so versatile and fun. I love being able to change them on a whim.

Tomorrow's Post: I'm not sure... hmmm... I'll get back to you! :)








Linking up with:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle