Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

WELCOME Sign {Paint Series 5}

Welcome Back to Day 4 of my 31 Days of Paint series. See the entire series HERE.


Fall *WELCOME* Sign

Have I told you how much I love the color of "Bahama Sea" Spray paint? I used it to paint my Little Blue Chair and my Fall Wreath {Next Post} and these 2 random boards that I found in Joe's shop.

Before I spray painted the board, I gave it a good sanding.  I used a package of Chart Pack letters that I got at Office Depot. I trimmed the letters roughly so that I could lay them out. I marked center and worked my way out from there. {Made a big mess of the letters, as shown below.}

These letters were very forgiving, I repositioned them several times until I was satisfied with the layout.

Then I took a craft stick from my kid's crafting arsenal and rubbed each letter to insure they were really stuck with no air bubbles.

I coated it with 2 layers of orange spray paint and let it dry for 2 hours.

Then carefully pealed back the letters.


I let this dry over night then took my palm sander to it to reduce the shine and make it look more rustic.


I drilled holes in the top approximately 5 inches from each end and threaded a length of  ribbon into each hole.



Here it is on my porch, welcoming all.


Tomorrow's Post: Fall Wreath {painted and yarn wrapped}

I hope you enjoy my new series. I welcome your tips, ideas and links to your paint projects in my comments below.



Linking up with:
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle