Painting Inspiration

National Paint Week: Tutorial Painting British Flag on Fence Boards

I made this British Flag inspired art for my nephew, Kirby. He is 18 and collects flags from around the world, so I thought this would go...

Monday, April 4, 2011

Bed Springs = Spring on the porch

When I think of spring, I think of birds and yellow flowers. I started by removing all traces of my winter  porch. Since Idaho spring weather includes frost, snow, a bit of sunshine and a lot of rain, I have yet to purchase any real flowers.
I found these little birds at the dollar store. They add just a touch of color and whimsy. I have had these bed springs laying in my garden all winter, they've become the perfect shade of rust. {In my mind, Springs = Spring... pun intended.}  I love solar lights, especially rust colored ones!


I wrapped my little bundle of flowers in floral tape and wired them into the basket I was afraid the wind may blow them away. I used the same "ribbon" that I used on my sled in winter.


I added a few of the yellow roses here in my flower pot. This winter if was full of fake
poinsettia and in fall it was full of orange mums. See more porch decor HERE.

I can't wait to fill my pots with flowers. Until then, I am content with my rusty version of spring.

I can't believe it's April all ready. Happy Spring, my friends!


Linking Up With:
Tip Junkie handmade projects The DIY Show Off
Today's Creative Blog

6 comments:

  1. It all looks so cheerful. I love the use of different things to brighten up this space.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "rusty version of Spring"! What a great idea... and original too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute rusty spring display. Looks like your porch is all ready for spring. ~~Sherry~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' your porch!
    *hugs*Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty spring like post. You ave everything decorated so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch is so sunny and inviting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment here, it really means the world to me!

Thanks!

~Danylle